The Sir John Soane’s Museum Board comprises a maximum of fourteen Trustees. We are looking to recruit up to two new Trustees to join the Board in or after July 2024.
The Trustees are looking to appoint as Trustees:
- a curator with national museum and management experience in a senior role who may also be a contemporary visual arts specialist
- a distinguished art historian specialising in the Renaissance or Enlightenment period.
The role will require a commitment of one day a month spent on Museum business, attendance at four board meetings a year and some additional committee meetings. The role is voluntary and unpaid but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply: please download the attached role profile and send:
- A CV of no more than two sides of A4; this should provide details of your education and qualifications, employment history, directorships, membership of professional bodies and details of any publications or awards; and
- A supporting statement of not more than one side of A4, setting out how you meet the criteria
- The names and email addresses of two referees
Sir John Soane’s Museum aspires to diversify the composition of its Board through its public appointments and operates an equal opportunities policy. Appointments are made on merit.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com by 12 noon Monday 11 March 2024.