Visitors with learning difficulties, mental health impairments or other access requirements
The Museum welcomes visitors with learning disabilities, mental health impairments and other access requirements.
Our Community Education Officer
can help to plan sessions and tours tailored to the needs and interests of the group.
All groups must book in advance. This allows group leaders and Museum staff to tailor the visit to the group’s needs and interests.
A few points to consider when planning your visit to the Soane:
- everything in the Museum is on open display. Visitors will be asked not to touch by staff in each room
- alhtough there are places to sit down in most rooms, there are many antique chairs in the rooms which cannot be sat on
- the Museum has uneven flooring
- the walls of the Museum are covered with objects, some of which are loose
- some areas of the Museum are very dark and/ or narrow
some areas of the Museum have grilles in the floor, through which you can see the floor below