Visitors with learning disabilities
The Museum welcomes visitors with learning disabilities.
Easy Read Information
The Soane has created an 'Easy Read' information guide to the Museum for people with learning disabilities. This was developed by members of The Camden Advocacy Project for people with learning disabilities and can be dowloaded here.
Printed copies are also availble to borrow in the Museum for the duration of a visit.
Visiting the Museum
For queries about potential education activities contact Beth Walker.
To book a self-led group visit, see our Group Bookings page.
A few points to consider when planning your visit to the Soane:
- everything in the Museum is on open display. Visitors will be asked not to touch by staff in each room
- alhtough there are places to sit down in most rooms, there are many antique chairs in the rooms which cannot be sat on
- the Museum has uneven flooring
- the walls of the Museum are covered with objects, some of which are loose
- some areas of the Museum are very dark and/ or narrow
some areas of the Museum have grilles in the floor, through which you can see the floor below