This entry shows that work is largely complete on the low premises to the east and west of the No. 13 courtyard. Surviving bills in the Soane archive show that in early September work began on the modifications to Soane’s existing Museum and office which ran across the rear of No. 13 to connect them to these new low buildings either side of the courtyard. The Study referred to in the entry is the room known today as the Breakfast Room, whilst the ‘plumber’ refers to the lead worker.
Below this entry is a sketch of the rear mansard of the attic floor (the back wall at the top of the house). The roof is to be set back behind a parapet, and to have a sloping face, 'slated', towards the back. It is to be 'tinned' on top (e.g. covered with tinned lead). The present parapet and coping outside the back third floor window is the 1813 top parapet of the house. The slated slope survives today.
The 'Chamber Floor' is the second floor and the 'landing' mentioned is the roof of the first floor loggia. During the restoration of the facade in 1992 it was confirmed that all the loggia 'landings' in front are Portland slabs, with lead laid over them.