FE / HE Institutions
Sir John Soane's Museum has been inspiring people for nearly 200 years and is visited regularly by students from a wide variety of disciplines, and students of art and architecture in particular.
The Education Department is delighted to welcome groups of students (pre-booked) and to help them achieve the most out of their visit, whether for a one-off exploration or as part of a special project.
Please contact Kenn Taylor to discuss and book a visit*.
* Please note: FE and HE colleges and international schools wishing to visit the Museum unassisted should book timeslots with the Museum's Office Manager. Information on how to do this can be seen on the Group Booking page.
The Museum is a wonderful subject for extended projects as the more students get to know the Soane, the more intriguing it becomes. Working with the Education Department, students can benefit from the expertise of the staff, from curators to art tutors. Arrangements can also be made for special access to the Museum and its facilities, such as the Education Space, the Seminar Room, the Research Library, Archive and Drawings Collection.
The Museum has worked on extended projects with the following institutions since 2008:
- Motley Theatre Design Course (stage-set design and model-making)
- Royal College of Art (Glass and Ceramics MA project). See Video
- The Bartlett School of Architecture (Year 1 project in partnership with Pitzhanger Manor). See Video
- The London College of Fashion (mask-making project)
Please contact Kenn Taylor, who can sometimes work with tutors to develop bespoke projects.
Access to Library, Archive and Drawings Collection
If you would like your class to look at specific items in the Research Library or Drawings Collection, please click here.